Are you a bit overweight and looking for safe and effective ways to lose weight?
1. The best way to reach your goal weight is to understand what is causing your weight gain to begin with.
3. Find a weight loss program that is right for you based on your situation. A weight loss program that is supervised by an obesity medicine weight loss physician would be considered safest way to lose weight as it would take in to consideration all the factors that may be contributing to your weight gain!
Things to consider before deciding on a safe weight loss program
- A balanced and nutritious very low calorie diet with or without meal replacement that reduces calories but do not make you under nourished or hungry so you can lose weight fast and safe
- Instructions on regular physical activity and/or workout
strategy that is right for you.
- A weight loss program that is going to take your cultural and personal preferences in to account so that is not “one size fits all” type of weight loss program.
- A sustained and slow weight decrease of about 1–2 pounds
per week, up to 4-5 pounds if you are starting at a very high body masss index, with careful supervision under the care of weight loss physician.
- A long term weight loss maintenance plan so that you can not only lose weight but keep it off!
- Appetite suppressant medications such as Adipex, Phentermine, Qsymia, Belviq, Topiramte, Phendimetrazine when medically appropriate to curb hunger and reduce cravings, increase metabolism for fast and effective weight loss
- The eating / diet plan should be reduced in calories to about half of your basal calorie requirement but still supply all the nutrients needed for the body with all different vitamins, minerals, but not empty calories.
- Make sure the program has a plan to guide you on behavior change, and exercise
- The program should educate you how to change permanently the factors causing your weight gain and reverse metabolic factors such as insulin resistance for sustained weight loss success
- Make sure the doctor is well trained in the field of obesity medicine for weight loss sucess
- Make sure the weight loss program has an on going follow up plan for weight loss while on very low-calorie diet (a special weight loss formulas for partial or complete meal replacements), an exam and followup visits by a medical practitioner are also required.There are other questions you can inquire about how well a program works. Because numerous programs don’t accumulate this data, you may not get responses.
- Does the program accept health insurance for the weight loss physician visits?