Are you a bit overweight or obese in New York City?
Here are 10 things to do to lose weight in New York City
- Avoid Sugary/Starchy high glycemic foods for healthy eating and weight loss in New York City as the starches lead to more cravings for starches due to sugar rush and sugar crash – thereby leading to insulin resistance and weight gain!
- When people were fed high glycemic foods, they consumed up to 55 percent more foods as they get hungry sooner!
- Looking at the food while eating is not a good idea for losing weight in NYC
- 41.7% of obese people took seats that directly faced the buffet, as opposed to seats out of eyesight of the food. Looking at food (not on our table) makes our body and mind less full and feel we have more work to do, i.e. eat more. Keep food stored away and not laying out during the day.
- Start With A Smaller Plate for reducing the weight in New York!
When two plates were offered, 98.6% of people with a higher BMI(Body Mass Index) took the larger plate in a buffet line. A larger plate will fool your brain into thinking you’re eating less than you actually are. Use a smaller plate, get a smaller waist line.
- Do Not Eat All In The Plate to stay at healthy weight in New York City!
During the study, 94% obese people cleaned their plates to the point of nothing being left. Forget your Mom’s advice and leave a little food left on the plate. Better waste than waist!
- Chew More of the food so you can prevent overeating and weight gain in NYC!
The researchers observed chewing of participants in the study. The heaviest one-third chewed their food almost 25% less than the leanest one-third. Slow down. Take your time. Chew your food.
- Do not jump right in to eat at buffets for prevention of obesity in New York City!
The most obese people didn’t take time to observe all the items on the buffet. They grabbed a plate and started in right away. The leanest took their time and made a lap of the buffet. In your day to day life, stop and think for a second before you eat. Often times that quick craving will slowly fade away.
- Never Skip Breakfast to stay at healthy weight in NYC!
It has been shown that breakfast regularly increases your risk of obesity by 450%. Take the time to have a healthy breakfast in the morning. It will jump start your metabolism and leave you less hungry by lunch. If you start the day with protein, studies have shown that you consume less calories and be less hungry throughout the day. A good and cheap source of protein would be eggs, cheese, yoghurt or meat! The cholesterol in the eggs is not a major concern as eggs have lecithin which is beneficial. If you are still concerned about cholesterol, you can just have the egg whites which have no cholesterol.
- Eat With Chopsticks(or Fingers) for good health in New York City!
Some buffets offer chopsticks. The clinically obese almost always opt for forks. Try using chopsticks around the home to slow down eating and create a feeling of fullness with less calories consumed. And finally, buy a lock for the refrigerator. Just kidding!
Are you looking for an affordable insurance physician weight loss program for fast and safe medical weight loss in New York City?
Do you know most insurances do offer coverage for obesity in New York City, thanks to the affordable care act?
As one of the very few medical weight loss and sleep wellness centers in the city of New York to accept health insurance for non surgical medical weight loss for fast and effective weight loss, w8md medical weight loss centers of America can help you lose weight fast and safe in New York City.
How can W8MD weight loss can help?
W8MD’s medical weight loss, sleep, aesthetic & IV nutrition programs
W8MD’s insurance weight loss program is unique in many ways with a comprehensive multidisciplinary approach to losing weight fast that addresses all the complex issues leading to weight gain, both in adults and children. Since its inception in 2011, W8MD has successfully helped thousands of patients lose weight successfully succeed in not only losing weight but also keep it off with an ongoing maintenance plan.
We offer FDA appetite suppressants or diet pills, such as Phentermine or Adipex, Qsymia, Belviq, Saxenda, Contrave, Bontril, Tenuate etc. We also offer very low calorie diets (VLCD),with optional and affordable insulin resistance.
Also see our other blogs
- NJ Medical Weight Loss
NYC Medical Weight Loss
Philadelphia Medical Weight loss
King Of Prussia Medical Weight Loss
W8MD weight loss, sleep and medspa